Possible solution for Usage Data Import Job Fail and Execute Method SPUsageImportJobDefinition Fail errors:
Every 15 minutes this warning appears on the event viewer:
"The Usage Data Import timer job failed. You can rerun this job using the Timer Job Status page in the SharePoint Central Administration site."
Followed by the error:
"An update conflict has occurred, and you must re-try this action. The object SPUsageServiceInstance was updated by DOMAIN\farmaccount, in the OWSTIMER process, on machine SHAREPOINTSERVERNAME. View the tracing log for more information about the conflict."
Clear SharePoint CONFIGURATION cache. (not output cache, configuration cache).
- Stop the Windows SharePoint Services Timer service
- Navigate to the cache folder
- In Windows Server 2008, the configuration cache is in the following location: %SystemDrive%:\ProgramData\Microsoft\SharePoint\Config\GUID
- In Windows Server 2003, the configuration cache is in the following location: %SystemDrive%:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\SharePoint\Config\GUID
- Locate the folder that has the file "Cache.ini" in it
- Back up the Cache.ini file. DO NOT DELETE THIS FILE
- Delete all the XML configuration files in the GUID folder.
- Make sure that you do not delete the GUID folder and the Cache.ini file that is located in the GUID folder.
- Edit the Cache.ini file and replace all content with "1" (without quotes).
- Start the Windows SharePoint Services Timer service
- Make sure the the xml files are re-created in after you start the service
- Wait untill all files are re-created and the value in the Cache.ini file matches the one on the backup file and repeate the procedure on every SharePoint servers in the farm.